Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A few bits...

Stock cooking on the stove... no recipe here, just the bones of a chicken with the liver, neck and heart thrown in. I then added water, salt, pepper, and other seasonings. I then cut up carrots, leeks, a shallot, an onion, garlic, and kale. It then simmered on the stove all day, I often would leave the house just to walk back in to deeply inhale the aroma! I like to pour the stock into ice cubes and freeze them, then pull them out as I need them.
this bubbly concoction is a gardeners soap. This is really lovely, Annie and I tried right away although our hands were not dirty, but it left a nice softness to them. I like the olive oil sugar moisturizer too...hmm I should stash this away for some potential christmas gifts!


This here is Annie's latest new love..a mailbox. She decided she wanted to write some letters to her dad and brother and when asked if she could put a stamp on them and mail them, I suggested we make a mailbox here for them to go in. I am not sure how that would work sending mail to your house from your house? Hmm? But the idea pleased her and she instantly filled it with mail for the boys who are gone during the day. She was so very excited when they came home today so she could give them their mail.

Stock, soap and mail. A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment