Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

 



The wind outside is picking up, the rain has already begun to fall and for now, we wait. There is clean water at the ready, food to sustain us, batteries, flashlights and candles within reach. The gizmos are charged, the laundry is almost all done, and PJ (our rabbit) is in the house, hopefully safe with us. There is also a generator in the garage at the ready just in case.

It seems like its been a long time since the last time I remember a hurricane blowing through, probably not since a was a kid living at my parents house. I have vivid memories of Hurricane Gloria though living in the apartments ajoining my Grampa Millers Old restaurant, playing outside during the Eye of the storm. The playing for days in the field next door where giant Willow trees fell and created a massive playground for my brother and I.

I am thankful I do not have to evacuate, that where we live is relatively safe, that other than the big tree next door and the two smaller ones in our yard, that I have already spoken to-"fall away from the house or just hold strong and steady in the ground please"-we are safe.

I have tomatoes roasting in the oven for soup for later, and more tomatoes for sauce. I did a last minute harvest of all that we could find ready or almost ready to pick. Not wanting to risk losing precious tomatoes or squash. Which means I have a crazy amount of tomatoes to cook, freeze or eat, and many more that need to ripen.

All is quiet and calm here, and I suspect it will stay that way for atleast a little while longer. I see some knitting and drawing in my future along with reading and playing board games.

Up above is a belly shot taken with my computer so I apologize for the terriblness of it... I am currently 16 weeks along and feeling well. I believe I am beginning to feel some movement but I keep second guessing myself so I can not say for sure. The kids continue to kiss and love on the belly. Annie continues with the many questions about the development of the baby.

Thats all for now, we hunkered down and waiting to see what sort of energy Irene is going to greet us with.

Stay safe everyone.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment